- To knock down all the cones before the other team
Physical Literacy Skills:
- Striking the ball, stepping (forward), target aim
- Twenty plastic cones, 20 volleyballs, 2volleyball nets
- The object of the game is to finish knocking down all your cones before the opposing team
- Scatter many cones around the volleyball court on the opposite sides of each net
How to play:
- One player at a time on each team will underhand serve and aim to hit the cones, resulting in them falling over
- Keep rotating through team members serving until all cones are knocked over
- Once all the cones are knocked over, all team members must sit down
- After three minutes, cones will be taken away, making less targets to hit (therefor accuracy and aim will be improved)
Questions for Understanding:
- Did you just serve it over the net and hope that you hit a cone or did you use specific strategies, and if so what were they?
- When serving the ball, did it work best to hit the ball harder or lighter if you were trying to hit specific cones?
Questions for after the variation:
- What kinds of things did you have to change when you were serving this time?
- Did you focus more on the way your body was positioned? What did that look like?
View Cone Knock Down.